The Miami Mineralogical and Lapidary Guild was formed here in South Florida in 1954
and had been an affiliate of and co-located with the Museum of Science at the old
Our mission and purpose are to promote interest and education in the various sciences
and arts of Geology, Mineralogy, Gemology, Lapidary Crafts, and other related subjects,
and to sponsor and provide means of coordinating the work and efforts of all interested
persons and groups
We formally incorporated and received 501 (c) (3) status in 1972.
We are also an affiliate of the EASTERN FEDERATION OF MINERALOGICAL AND
LAPIDARY SOCIETIES, which is itself affiliated with the national umbrella organization,
the AMERICAN FEDERATION OF MINERALOGICAL SOCIETIES.